Machining - We have installed the latest CNC machining centers that provide versatility in machining capability as well as accuracy and repeatability. This allows us to supply our customers with new or replacement OEM parts that meet and / or exceed their specifications.
Inspection - using our Coordinate Measuring Machine or “CMM” in our inspection process provides the information needed to insure your parts meet your specifications. When practical we will utilize other precision instruments that follow our strict calibration and re-certification process to insure accuracy.
Purification - Throughout our history we have been on the leading edge of providing high purity graphite parts that achieves or is less than the 5ppm guarantee as defined as semiconductor industry standards. Customers benefit when we develop specific processes to meet their unique requirements and optimize their products performance.
Vacuum Impregnated Individual Part or “VIIP” - As a method to improve the performance of graphite parts, ASCT has developed an enhanced vitreous or “glassy carbon” impregnation and coating process which drastically reduces particle generation and increases part life.
• Vacuum Impregnated Individual Parts as it implies means each part is impregnated by itself to allow for maximum penetration. This unique vacuum process allows sealing depths to be varied depending on the application.
• VIIP allows the process to be performed on material as low as 2 micron grain size while achieving overall purity levels less than 5ppm (GDMS) for 25 elements
• All components are cleaned and impregnated in a Class 1,000 Clean Room
Cleaning - Our ThermaGas process is an effective alternative to the traditional wet etch or bead blasting methods. With our ThermaGas process we can gently remove your process that is adjusted to accommodate the based material be it, Graphite, Ceramic, Quartz or Metals. We can do this without:
• Damaging the part as can be seen with bead blasting:
• Leave residue or create the need for extended outgassing time in the tool due to use of a wet etch process.
• This in turn can increase the lifetime of the part by 2 to 3X if alternative cleaning methods are used.
• In addition we have developed our “soft clean” process for use on metals or quartz that can be distorted or changed structurally when exposed to high temperatures.
Inventory Control - We handle hundred’s of customer parts each month for ThermaGas cleaning, repair or reverse engineering therefore we need to insure that all customer parts are handled and processed correctly then safely returned unharmed. We have developed an inventory control process to which we can track how many times each part has been cleaned which can help to determine anticipated life cycles.
Logistics - We work with our customer to develop reusable packaging and help find the best shipping methods to optimize costs.
End of Life recycling – We can use our ThermaGas cleaning to recover graphite parts to a safe purity level so they can be recycled vs. being disposed as hazardous material.